Wearing green can be tricky. Of course, there are those super lovely redheads who can pull it off and almost always look super elegant, but I myself struggle with finding the perfect shade. As i try to find something great to wear for St. Patrick’s Day (Yes, it’s actually on a Friday this year, folks!), I also found myself pondering what makeup to pair with a color I don’t often sport. Coincidentally, Pantone’s color of the year also happens to be greenery, which prompted DeRiah’s friends at Rouge Bunny Rouge to write a blog feature on their favorite makeup pairings to complement the festive hue. I love that they took the time to solve a problem I had, even before I knew I had it, and I loooove even more that their advice is flawless.
Below is my favorite feature, but feel free to check out the full piece here. And as always, stop in at DeRiah Boutique Salon’s Mequon location to pick up your favorite Rouge Bunny Rouge products!
Our make-up artists suggest that your make-up choices could follow two directions: first, create the most flawless complexion. Second, add a combination of very bold reds, pinks and purples reminiscent of exotic fragrant flowers. And yes – not just one shade of hot pink or bright red. Make it a statement.
1. Sweet pink: Tinted Luxe Balm ‘Specks of Cerise’
2. Sparkling purple: Quartz Eyeliner ‘Amethyst Essence’
3. Perfect finish: Impalpable Finishing Powder
4. Hot pink: Original Skin Blush ‘Orpheline’
5. Perfect blending: Blusher Brush 002
6. Flawless complexion: Glide Concealer
7. Defined brows: Brow Expert Gel ‘Earthshine’
8. Custom coverage: Foundation Essence
9. Pink sparkle: XXX Lip Plump ‘Clover Royal Jelly’
10. Rejuvenating primer: Skin Perfector