Our staff at DeRiah Boutique Salon hopes everyone in the Southeastern Wisconsin area had a safe and happy Fourth of July! We hope your fun continues throughout the weekend, and we can’t wait to hear about everyone’s holiday weekends next time you’re in the chair! Still looking for some fun after the 4th? Several of our DeRiah staff are fans of the Lakeshore Chinooks, a summer baseball league hosted out of KAPCO Park at Mequon’s very own Concordia University. Chinooks baseball is a great family activity for those looking for something low key to do around the Ozaukee County area this summer. We encourage you to check it out!
Get Hooked! The Lakeshore Chinooks are a proud member of the Northwoods League, a summer baseball league for college players. Each season, the Chinooks will play 35 home games and 35 away games from late May through mid-August. The Chinooks players, some of the best college players in the country, come from all over the U.S. The Chinooks home field is Kapco Park, on the campus of Concordia University in Mequon.
- The Chinooks have the support of Major League Baseball executives including the Commissioner, Bud Selig, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Brewers, Doug Melvin, and several key members of the Scouting and Player Development Staff of the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Chinooks home field, Kapco Park, has a synthetic turf field which will allow the team more consistent playing conditions throughout the summer months.
- Chinooks players live with “Host Families” throughout the season who will welcome the players into their homes, providing them with a room to stay, some meals, and fan support.
- Players will have use of the workout facilities at Concordia which allows them to maintain their fitness regimen.
- The Lakeshore Chinooks is run like a professional organization with the best coaching possible, allowing the players and fans to enjoy their summer experience.